Bilfinger Salamis UK's minor modifications team support clients' requirements in managing and executing minor repair projects, including maintenance backlog repair orders, ‘like for like’ replacements, ie pipespool replacements, handrails, gratings, pipe supports, etc. When projects are identified, we are able to mobilise our extensive pool of competent technical resources including our teams of highly skilled Rope Access trained personnel.
By ensuring a collaborative approach to identifying and understanding clients' priorities and requirements allows the minor modifications team to assess, prioritise survey and execute a broad range of minor anomalies with defined skill sets.
Benefits of integrated planned approach:
- Maximise efficiency and productivity of personnel
- Restore functionality and technical integrity
- Working closely with our key suppliers and fabricators to meet plan priorities
- Address degarding installation primary and tertiary structures and systems
- Reduce likelihood the risk of plant unplanned outages by addressing system degradation prior to failure point
- Cost efficient approach to resolve long standing integrity issues
Bilfinger Salamis UK can deliver significant savings with simple processes and procedures in place to workpack, fabricate and deliver minor engineering scopes such as handrails, gratings, brackets, tertiary steelwork, etc.
Our factory facilities in Aberdeen are available for pre-assembly or testing of any products/structures prior to shipping offshore.
Technical authorities and qualified design engineers are available via our UK engineering base to assist with design, execution, risk assessment and quality control. We also have knowledge and understanding of ISO compliant composite repairs. This added service line offers the complete installation of composite solutions from design, supply, surface preparation and installation, thus restoring the integrity of our clients‘ pressurised piping systems.
The client benefits from a multi-skilled, cost effective resource, familiar with your facility, who are focussed on time management, and cost-efficiency.
- Support of Find & Fix campaigns relating to handrails, gratings, support brackets, cable trays, uni-strutt, ‘U’ bolt replacement for ‘I’ rods
- Utilisation of the latest protection compounds and products
- Design of A60 rated solution for bulkhead cabling penetration
- Provision of permanent windwalls to resolve safety concerns
- Design, fabrication and installation of protection bumper bars to protect platform infrastructure