Standard procedure in the process industry is to close down plants on a regular basis so that they can be thoroughly checked and improved as part of a general plant shutdown, also known as turnaround. For industrial plant operators, this means:
- Production down time,
- Losing substantial turnover and profits, and subsequently
- Potentially causing reputational impact with customers and shareholders.
With its Bilfinger Turnaround Concept (BTC), Bilfinger has developed a methodology that enables plant turnarounds in the process industry to be implemented in an optimal way. The result is a systematic approach allowing turnarounds to be planned and executed at various locations of the respective customer, and over multiple turnaround cycles.
Because of the systematic approach we take and the strategic targets we set under the Bilfinger Turnaround Concept, we are able to optimize the overall costs, reduce downtime, and extend the intervals between turnarounds. This intelligent approach is of greater benefit to our clients than simply competing on the basis of reduced hourly rates or other factors.
- Ensuring safety & quality due to implementation of highest HSEQ standards
- Assuring qualified personnel through access to our global network
- Reducing turnaround duration by applying special tools, productive resources and improved planning & scheduling
- Increasing intervals between turnarounds by deploying digital solutions to extend equipment lifetime
- Providing cost efficient and transparent solutions by offering attractive contract models and optimal turnaround execution
The main principle of the BTC is to offer the highest possible level of competence precisely where our customers need it most, while keeping the same level of quality. More specifically, the BTC consists of three elements:
Local maintenance unit
- Is responsible for the operative maintenance
- Has specific plant-specific knowledge and experience
- Is connected to local suppliers
Central turnaround unit
- Supports local maintenance units with resources, know-how, methodology, and tools
- Coordinates competences and capacities for current and upcoming turnarounds
- Takes charge of the continuous improvement of turnaround methods and tools.
Turnaround handbook and concept
- Cycle represents the operative handbook
- Modules represent the strategic concept
- Together it ensures a holistic turnaround approach
Bilfinger offers turnaround services at all collaborative levels, whether as supplier, managing contractor or as a strategic partner.
This said, a strategic partnership with Bilfinger is the option offering the most extensive benefits. The holistic approach on turnarounds focuses not only on the usual tasks and responsibilities of a managing contractor. We also ensure long-term continuous improvement, knowledge management and resource assurance.
Our customers can count on following benefits:
- Strict adherence to the same high HSE standards by all our employees
- Skilled personnel who deliver optimal quality and innovative solutions for complex problems
- Quick and flexible access to a wealth of resources and special tools
- Intelligent digital solutions for an efficient turnaround management
- Years of experience, compiled and made available for all projects in our BTC handbook
- Fewer interfaces thanks to having one major partner
- Customized collaboration models tailored to the customer's individual needs.