Carrying out wall thickness inspection beneath corrosion product can traditionally be time consuming, requiring surface preparation, creation of a safe work environment for use of radiation, and potential shutdown.
Bilfinger Salamis UK is pleased to have been involved in live trials of a brand new technology which is unaffected by surface condition, enabling in-service inspection - Pulsed Eddy Current Array - High Resolution (PECA HR).
PECA HR offers a simple, fast and reliable screening method for inspection of critical structures with scale corrosion, surface-forming scabs and blisters. With no radiation, PECA HR can be used in a Safe Work environment, and provides full coverage of the surface under test.
The PECA HR provides a full composite image C-scan showing remaining wall thickness in a color scale, with the hotter location highlighting a lower remaining wall thickness. The probe can detect the smallest possible defect with Pulsed Eddy Current technology, within an adequate range of wall thickness and lift off. The latest PEC technology provides top-quality data acquisition at high productivity rates, with typical localised scabs inspected in less than a minute.
- Faster inspections
- Unaffected by surface preparation
- Enables in-service inspection
- Safe Work environment, no radiation
- Full coverage of the surface under test
- Best estimation of the remaining ligament under scale corrosion, surface-forming scabs and blisters
- Top-quality data acquisition at high productivity rates
- Typical scans can be inspection in less than a minute
- Detection of the smallest possible defect with PEC technology within an adequate range of wall thickness and lift off
- WT Range 3-19mm
- Pipe work Diameter ≥6”OD