Bilfinger Salamis UK's inspection department has established itself at the forefront of NDT through investment in specialised equipment and the provision of specific training programmes. We recognise the importance of continual innovation and focus on exceeding client and market expectations through investment in our people, and in research and development.
We offer a comprehensive range of advanced NDT systems that individually, or in partnership, provide effective and robust solutions to satisfy the demand for non-intrusive inspection.
- Digital and Computed Radiography
- Phased Array
- Time of flight diffraction (TOFD)
- Multi-skip ultrasonic inspection (M-Skip)
- Permanent Ultrasonic sensors (Corrosion monitoring)
- Alternating Current Frequency Measurement (ACFM)
- Pulsed Eddy Current (PEC)
- Eddy Current Array
- Tube Inspection (EC, ECA, TECA, RFT, IRIS, NFT, NFA, MFL)
- Guided wave Ultrasonics
- Remote Visual Inspection Systems (UAV, ROV)
- Automated and semi-automated inspection crawlers
This is not an exhaustive list of our ANDT services. For further information on technique application, please contact Craig Taylor, Inspection Innovation and Business Development Manager, on Craig.taylor. @bilfinger.com
We are continuously developing and evaluating new tools and technology. By focusing on the practical applications of new technology we are better able to qualify the real, tangible benefits of new developments and to deliver best-fit solutions.
Bilfinger Salamis UK are participating members of the Harwell Offshore Inspection Research and Development Service (HOIS), which is a joint industry initiative involved in developing and improving products, techniques, and procedures. The HOIS programme includes projects within a number of broad theme areas. These include non-intrusive inspection (NII), inspection of inaccessible components, performance evaluation and probability of detection (POD) assessment and modelling.
This is achieved by:
- Developing improved procedures and recommended practices
- Performing independent evaluation trials to assess techniques and understand benefits and limitations
- Collaborative development of inspection techniques and inspection technology
- Provision of an internet-accessible source of information on inspection techniques, both advanced and conventional.
By working in close partnership with the leading NDT solutions manufacturers, advanced NDT providers and taking an active lead in collaborative research through trade organisations such as HOIS, we can ensure we never compromise on our commitment to provide best-fit solutions, thereby reducing uncertainty, improving confidence and ultimately extending asset life and reducing costs.