Thank you for visiting the Bilfinger Salamis UK Limited (hereinafter Bilfinger) website. Bilfinger takes the protection of your right to privacy very seriously. Below, we wish to inform about the data, which is compiled and used when you visit our site, to what extent this occurs and for which purposes.
Web server logs
In general, you can visit our site without divulging personal information to us.
However, the server that hosts our site (hereinafter "web server") automatically compiles information from you, which are technically required in order to provide you access to our site. The web server automatically gathers certain information such as
- parts of your IP address,
- the date and time of your visit,
- the sub-pages you have visited,
- pages you had visited previously,
- the browser you are using (e.g. Internet Explorer),
- the operating system you are using (e.g. Windows 7),
- the domain name and the address of your internet provider (e.g. 1&1).
Prevention and/or monitoring of cookies
There are various methods of blocking, showing and removing cookies stored on your computer. It depends on which browser you are using. If you have any difficulties we recommend that you consult the individual manufacturer of the browser.
We wish to advise you that in case of amended browser settings it is possible that you will not be able to fully use all the functions of this web page.
Collection, processing, use and transmission of personal data
We only collect data (except in the context of web server logs) from you if you give us your personal permission to use it for one of the services we offer (e.g. ordering informational material, inquiries). This data is exclusively processed and/or used for implementing the respective service. Where necessary for your inquiry, your data may also be forwarded to Group companies. Where necessary, service providers may also be commissioned by us to perform the service requested (e.g. for the sending of informational material). Your personal data will not be sent to any other third parties.
Users of Internet Explorer: Please deactivate Matomo here.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter we ask you to provide your email address. Before we send you the newsletter you will receive an email notification with a link. Only by clicking on this link, confirming that you actually wish to receive the newsletter will you be included in our distribution list. This ensures that nobody other than you can use your email address for subscription to a newsletter (so-called double opt in procedure). Your personal data will be used and stored only for the purpose of providing you with the newsletter.
International data transfer
The processing of data generated by our web page takes place on servers in European Union states or the European Economic Area (EU/EEA).
Links to other web pages
In certain parts of our web page, we have links to other web pages (e.g. web pages of other companies in the Bilfinger Group) or we offer the possibility to share content via so-called share buttons. Please note that the data protection declaration described here does not apply for these other web pages. We ask that you visit these sites directly to obtain information about the data protection, security, collection of data and the provisions for the forwarding of data. Bilfinger is not liable for measures taken by these web pages or for their content.
Please be advised that data is transmitted unsecured via the Internet and the danger thereby exists that third parties could intercept and use the data. You can also contact us at any time by post or telephone.
Provided the legal conditions are met, under the GDPR you have the following rights:
- Right to be forgotten: You have the right to be forgotten and your personal data to be removed from our records.
- Right to access: You have the right to be informed about how your personal data is being used by us.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to have errors in your personal data to be corrected.
- Right to restrict: You have the right to restrict the use of your personal data for any specific type of processing.
- Right to objection: You have the right to object to the use of your personal data for any purpose proposed by us, if you believe that you have an overriding interest in excluding the processing of your personal data.
- Right to revoke: You have the right to revoke consent for the processing of your personal data.
- Right to appeal: You have the right to appeal to a data protection authority if you suspect that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR.
- Right to portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data, which you have directly provided to us and use it for other parties.
If you wish to exercise your rights please contact us using the contact information above and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for own legitimate business purposes.
Status: May 2018
We point out that in future due to legal requirements, for example, this declaration may be subject to change. Please ensure that you stay regularly informed of the current stat